“On The Road To Cannabis Legislation: A Joint Effort”
Register now via EventBrite!
arrive alive DRIVE SOBER® & The Southwest Injury Prevention Network are coming together this year to host a combined “Arrive Alive & Not By Accident” Conference. The title of our joint conference is: “On The Road To Cannabis Legalization: A Joint Effort” and will feature expert speakers from Health Canada, The Ministry of the Attorney General, Traffic Injury Research Foundation, and two speakers from Colorado Public Health who will share insights into their State’s legalization experience. This educational event will be hosted at the Bestwestern Lamplighter Inn and will begin on Monday October 23rd with an Arrive Alive General Meeting & Networking Event. On Tuesday October 24th, we will hear from speakers (current roster below) as they share their knowledge & insights into upcoming legalization of cannabis, impaired driving by both alcohol & drugs, and discuss road safety strategies to prevent injuries & save lives on our roads.
Current schedule & room locations:
- Arrive Alive General Meeting – Chelsea Room 1& 2 – Monday October 23, 2017 – 1:30 – 3:30pm
- Networking Event – The Executive Suite – Monday October 23, 2017 – 7:00 – 9:00pm
- “On The Road To Cannabis Legalization: A Joint Effort” – Crystal Ballroom – Tuesday October 24, 2017 – 8:00am – 4:00 pm
Speakers & guests of highlight so far include:
- Steven Del Duca, Minister, Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (Invited)
- Daniel Vigil, Program Manager, Marijuana Health Monitoring and Research Program – Colorado Public Health
- Jessica Neuwirth, Retail Marijuana Education & Youth Prevention Coordinator – Colorado Public Health
- Eric Costen, Director General, Cannabis Legalization Secretariat – Health Canada
- Ryan Freeston, Director of Policy & Program Development with the Ontario Legalization of Cannabis Secretariat – Ministry of the Attorney General
- Steve Brown, Research Associate – Traffic Injury Research Foundation
- Dr. Robert Mann, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Sergeant Dave Wallbank, – Ontario Provincial Police
- Diane Bradford, Manager, Regional Trauma Program – Windsor Regional Hospital
- Brandon Batey, Trauma Program – London Health Science Centre
- MC – Pamela Fuselli, Vice-president, Knowledge & Stakeholder Relations – Parachute
Thank you to our Diamond Level Sponsors: CAA SCO, State Farm Insurance, Siskinds LLP and Smart Serve Ontario
Thank you to our Platinum Level Sponsors: Alcohol Countermeasures Systems & Lerners LLP
Registration is now open via EventBrite!
If you are interested in seeing the presentations from our conference in 2016, please visit our Google Drive here