Registration is now open for the Arrive Alive Conference 2018 (formerly known as Countermeasures) from October 28th-29th, 2018 at the Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale. This year’s conference theme “Legalization: Our New Reality”, will continue the conversation from our joint conference with the South West Injury Prevention Network in 2017 (“On the Road to Cannabis Legalization: A Joint Effort”). This conference is anticipated to be the first road safety conference post-cannabis legalization and will be the perfect opportunity to hear from experts as they share knowledge & insights into current legislation, drug-impaired driving research, enforcement, cannabis sales, and best practice education initiatives to bring back to your communities.
Each year, the Arrive Alive Conference brings together like-minded professionals in various areas which include: government, police, public health, workplace training, rehabilitation, and community groups to share information about the most current penalties, legislation, regulations, and challenges around impaired driving.
Delegates are encouraged to register early as last year’s conference sold out.
To register for our conference, please visit our Eventbrite page here: https://arrivealiveconference2018.eventbrite.ca
Early bird rate of $100 available until August 31st, 2018 (Regular rate of $130). After August 31st, 2018, register 3 or more delegates from one group and get a discounted rate of $100 per delegate.
- Arrive Alive General Meeting – Sunday October 28th, 2018, 1:30 – 3:30pm
- Networking Event with Exhibitor Tables – Sunday October 28th, 2018, 5:30 – 7:30pm
- Speakers & Exhibitor tables – Monday October 29th, 2018, 8:00am – 3:30 pm
Our expert speakers will share insights, research, statistics, best practices, and prevention strategies from across Ontario and Canada. Confirmed Speakers so far:
- Warren Bravo, CEO, Green Relief
- Ryan Freeston, Director, Policy and Program Development, Ontario Legalization of Cannabis Secretariat
- Dr. Karen Woodall, Forensic Toxicologist, Centre of Forensic Science
- Doug Beirness, Subject Matter Expert: Impaired Driving, Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse (CCSA)
- Dr. Ward Vanlaar, Chief Operating Officer, Traffic Injury Research Foundation (TIRF)
- Dr. Christine Wickens, Independent Scientist at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
- Sgt. Lori Wright, Drug Recognition Expert (DRE), Thunder Bay Police Service
- Matt Evans, Executive Director, Ontario Students Against Impaired Driving (OSAID)
- Valerie Smith, Director, Solutions, Parachute Canada
- Barrington Hector, Project Manager, Weed Out the Risk, Springboard Services
- Emma Luca, President, Prosecutors’ Association of Ontario
- Michael Stewart, Program Director, arrive alive DRIVE SOBER
Accommodations can be made with the Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale via the link below. Book through this portal to get our conference rate of $149 a night!
More details will be shared as they become available. Stay tuned for more information!
Thank you to everyone who joined us for the arrive alive DRIVE SOBER® & The Southwest Injury Prevention Network combined conference, “On The Road To Cannabis Legalization: A Joint Effort”. 220 delegates heard from speakers as they shared their knowledge & insights into upcoming legalization of cannabis, impaired driving by both alcohol & drugs, and discuss road safety strategies to prevent injuries & save lives on our roads.
Our 2017 conference featured experts from the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario, Colorado Public Health, Health Canada’s Cannabis Legalization Secretariat, Ministry of the Attorney General’s Ontario Legalization of Cannabis Secretariat, Traffic Injury Research Foundation, Ontario Provincial Police, Windsor Regional Hospital, London Health Science Centre, and Parachute.